Philippians 4:11

“Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.”
‭‭Philippians ‭4:11‬ ‭ESV‬‬

So something to note about this passage is that Paul wrote this while he was imprisoned. And while in prison he's talking about the secret to contentment. And let's not forget what else happened to Paul while he was a servant of the Lord. 2 Corinthians‬ ‭11:24-30‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “Five times I received at the hands of the Jews the forty lashes less one. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure. And, apart from other things, there is the daily pressure on me of my anxiety for all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to fall, and I am not indignant? If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.”  So in his weakness, how is Paul able to remain strong. How is he able to remain content with where he is and what situations he is put through in life. Philippians‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” ‭The answer is God. The reason why Paul was able to stay content is because he found his contentment in God. He knew that no matter what he went through or where he was, that God wanted him in that situation at that time. We've been learning through our studies of Knowledge of the Holy that God is infinitely perfect in his character and has the perfect plan for our lives. So by understanding this, we can find comfort in the fact he always wants what's best for us and that he is always seeking to grow us and glorify himself in ways in which he can empower us to do so. In no matter what we face in life, God is always with us, strengthening us through the trials that he already had predestined for us. For my application I'm going to write my plan on my finger to remember that God has predestined a plan for my life and that he will give me the strength to fulfill that plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9