Hebrews 5:8

“Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Something that we've learned from our perspectives readings was that as Christians we are are called to be priests for Jesus Christ, which means we must act on behalf of the people to Christ and we must act on the behalf of Christ to the people. In truth though no man acts directly on behalf of God the father, we are only able to communicate with him because Jesus was appointed as our high priest when he died on the cross for our sins. He became the ultimate sacrifice, which led to him being anointed as our high priest because of his obedience to God the father. He did everything the Lord asked him to, and by remaining vigilante in standing against sin he ultimately remained obedient to the father throughout his entire life. Even as the son of God, he remained humble as a man and endured all the temptations and sufferings of this world as a man, so that we may have an example to follow. He relied on God the father for his strength and always looked to him in his sufferings. Mark‬ ‭14:34-36‬ ‭ESV “And he said to them, "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death. Remain here and watch." And going a little farther, he fell on the ground and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."” Jesus looked‭ to fulfill the will of his father over his own, ultimately to the point of the cross. Hebrews 5:9-10 ESV “And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.” Through his complete obedience to the father, Jesus became our messenger to the father, and earned his place at his right hand. And this is the type of obedience that we should strive for as followers of Christ. Complete submission to God’s plans for our lives. There has been a specific issue that I've been going through that I feel I might not fully understand yet. So when I feel as though God gives me an answer on what he would have me do with this specific situation, I'm going to completely submit to his authority on whatever he would have from me. Even if I don't like the answer he gives me, I will adhere to his plan, because Jesus went to the cross for me, so I shouldn't have a problem following through on this specific issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9