Philippians 3:9

“and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭ESV‬‬


There is no act that we can do in our lifetime that can consider us righteous to God. Paul puts it that the best we can do is considered fiflty rags. There is definitely a part of sacrifice that is important when it comes to serving God. By sacrificing the things we put value on and what we care about we are showing God how much more we care about him than the things of this world. However, we can't just sacrifice everything to God just for the sake of sacrificing. We shouldn't just be giving up these things in this life because we think we will get something out of it or because that's what we think God wants us to do. God wants us to not just mentally sacrifice things, but to make sacrifices because we love him, and because we are willing to give up these things for him. God wants me to give up Thalia, at least for this year of my life. He doesn't want me to further my relationship with her so that I can grow with him independent from her and learn how to truly put him above all others. He wants me to learn how to live life for him, and not for anyone else. Now if I really wanted to I could probably just hold out in my flesh without her for a year and just go right back to having a relationship with her after this year. However, that's not why I'm giving her up. I'm sacrificing my time with her because I love my God and although I've had to learn so much and still have so much more to learn I know that I want to live this life for him. And if he wants me to give up Thalia for this year of my life so that I can grow closer with him then that's what I must do. And honestly it will be so fearful to try to get through this time without living for him. If I just stay focused on no one but her, it will be so hard to get through this time and I won't enjoy it and won't grow my relationship with God near as much as I could. But if I live this life for him, and stay focused on him and what he would have me do during this time, then I can trust that his will will be done. And that if he wants Thalia and I to be together, which I truly believe he does, then he will bring us together, and if not his will and not mine. For tomorrow I'm going to write heart on my finger, to remind me that my heart is in this for God, and not for Thalia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9