Hebrews 13:17

“Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:17‬ ‭ESV‬‬

There are many times that I have been given the responsibility of leading people in some way. Whether it's leading people to complete a task or assignment, to finish a job, leading a sports team, and numerous other things. However, in all these ways I've been a leader it has never been easy and is always stressful. People are always fighting you and problems are always arising that are keeping you from becoming successful in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish. I know for a fact that there were many times that if people would've just been willing to allow me to lead them properly that the tasks could've been accomplished in a less stressful manner. If people could've just realize that I was meant to lead for a reason that I would've felt much more comfortable and would've been able to lead more effectively. And it's funny because I wasn't even leading in areas that were even that important. I know that there will be a time when I am leading people spiritually, whether it is just my family or a group of people I'm ministering to, and I know that it will be infinitely more stressful. I'll be trying to lead these people in a way that would be pleasing to God and do NOT want to lead these people astray from proper biblical teachings. So I can completely understand what this verse is trying to say. All leaders that we have throughout our lives have been placed in the positions they are in by God and we should respect that decision. He has deemed them worthy of the task to lead us in and when we aren't being obedient to that person we are just adding strife and stress that will just drag the leader, and eventually the group down. Yesterday we had a lot of talks about obedience and holding together as a team. So throughout the week I'm going to look for opportunities to help my team members who seem to be struggling with certain issues of obedience so that our leaders can stay concentrated on the larger tasks at hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9