2 Corinthians 1:12

“For our boast is this, the testimony of our conscience, that we behaved in the world with simplicity and godly sincerity, not by earthly wisdom but by the grace of God, and supremely so toward you.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Something that is stated pretty clearly throughout the Bible is that as Christians we are not to boast about ourselves. For everything that we know is from God, and it is through Christ alone that we are able to see the world as we do as Christians. Galatians‬ ‭1:11-12‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.” Here Paul isn't boasting about anything that he has personally done. He is boasting about the change that God has brought into his life and how he now walks as a servant of Jesus. He is boasting about the wisdom that God has given him through his good graces, and the fact that he is able to use that wisdom that God has given him to share with fellow believers in Christ. Paul is trying to show the Corinthians through his letter that as a servant of God he truly does love them and that by being a servant of God, they will be able to trust in the wisdom that he is sharing with them. If we are truly pursuing God as followers of Christ, God will give us the discernment, the wisdom, to be able to see what is truth and what is evil. Ephesians 3:5 ESV “which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.” Because of the gift of the Holy Spirit that we have received through Christ, we are able to obtain the wisdom that we could not acquire on our own. The Spirit allows us to understand things and see things that we can only see as believers. The Spirit is how I am able to communicate with God and what speaks God’s knowledge into my being. As long as I follow the Spirit throughout my life, I will find the wisdom needed in any situation that I encounter because he is allowing me to communicate with the father and receive his wisdom. Tomorrow I'm going to look at all the situations where I applied Godly wisdom and write down what may have happened if I used Earthly wisdom instead of Godly wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9