James 1:5

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Now that I have finally reached a point in my life where I can truly consider myself to be a servant of Christ, I realize how little wisdom I have in this world. Especially since growing up I always thought I was such a wise person just because of how well I did in school and how I always improved in athletics by being an intelligent athlete. For one I don't know jack squat about God and I never will. We will never begin to fully understand him in his inifiniteness and that alone can humble a person pretty well. Also, because I didn't start my walk seriously until around half a year ago I have so much to learn about how a Christian is truly supposed to live in this world. Especially since I have so much to learn from scripture and the Bible is, in essence, the foundation of how to live as a Christian, along with being guided by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes though my flesh will attempt to bring me back to my old ways and try to convince me of how wise I am and how I'm more knowledgeable than others, but I know now untrue that is. I know I have so much wisdom to gain and I know as a Christian that every Christian in this world is a part of the body of Christ and every Christian has a different perspective to offer when it comes to looking at God. But that still doesn't solve the problem of how I don't know jack squat about how I'm supposed to get through this life as a Christian. So how do I start learning at least a thing or two? Well it's simple, ask God. ‭Matthew‬ ‭7:7-11‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!” So all we have to do is ask God, whether that is looking for answers through scripture or just asking God for wisdom through prayer. If we can give each other the things that we need when we are wicked hearted people, then think of how much that God the creator of the heavens and Earth can give us. How easy it must be for him to just give us the wisdom that we need when he created everything. However, as James later goes on to say in James 1, we must ask in faith, and not just blindly. If we have faith in God for the wisdom that we are asking for, asking out of love and in accordance to God’s character, then he will give us the wisdom that we seek. But like Pastor Don said, sometimes I just have to be patient in receiving my answers, and I have to make sure that the answers given are truly from God, and not from my flesh. For the next month, every time God fills me with wisdom that I have been desiring, I'm going to write it down so that I can look back on the wisdom God has given me and see the prayers that God has answered in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9