1 Peter 4-7

“The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭ESV‬‬


James‬ ‭4:14‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.” ‭I feel like this IBS verse is actually very relatable to some things that James talks about in his New Testament letter. Jesus said it himself, He is coming soon, and we have no idea when he is actually going to come. He could be here tomorrow, tonight, next week, all we know is that He is coming and we don't have to match time to serve Him. We need to have a sense of urgency in our lives and realize that we have a very limited time on this Earth. I mean even if Christ doesn't come during our lifetime, we still have so little time to live for Him, our lives really are so short, even if we don't realize that yet. So we don't have the time to worry and doubt our God to accomplish things while we are alive. As Christians, we need to all understand that as long as we are serving Him we will be given all that we ask of God. Matthew‬ ‭7:8‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” James 1:6 ESV “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.” If we doubt our God, he will not provide for us, and why should he? If we don't fully believe that a God who is capable of breathing stars into existence and breathing life into man can't provide the things that we need in this life, then why should He provide for us? Therefore, we should have confidence in knowing that as long as we are in God’s will, we can be of a sound mind in knowing that our God is Jehovah Jirouh, and that he will provide our needs to us. I have been letting a lot of worries about my future affect my thoughts in how God is going to use me in my future, but I just need to build up my trust in Him more, which lately I've been doing, and realize that I can live each day knowing that He is going to provide for me everyday, one day at a time, and that's all that matters. Tomorrow I will hopefully remember to write “Daily Bread” on my hand to remember that we need God’s bread daily, and that he always provides it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9