Luke 3:14

“Soldiers also asked him, "And we, what shall we do?" And he said to them, "Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages."”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:14 ESV

Everyday the enemy plagues my mind with fleshly desires that feel like they would be tremendously satisfying if I had them right now. Usually the best defense that I've had against these thoughts is found in 2 Corinthians‬ ‭10:5‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,” Some fleshly thoughts that I have throughout the day are honestly kind of silly and aren't a problem taking captive. For instance, I wish I didn't have to eat oatmeal today, I wish I had my music to listen to, I wish I could take a nap right now, etc. All these things aren't too much of a challenge for me to take on and I don't really need to reread verses like Philippians 4:13 to overcome these things in my life. However, there are plenty of times when I feel as though my flesh hasn't been put to death like Paul the Apostle always talks about and I feel as though I want or need certain things in my life that I don't have. There are these gigantic billboards flashing around in my mind telling me how I deserve this, or that I shouldn't have to wait for that, or that I need this in my life right now, or this person doesn't understand what I need.  Why isn't God providing me with these desires? Why is he making me wait so long? Why can't I have this in my life now when I know I need it? 2 Samuel 22:31 ESV “This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” His way is perfect. The life that he was created for me, no matter how lacking at times it may feel, is ultimately the best life that I could live. I often wish that I didn't have to wait for the things that I want most in life, or I just wish I had them because right now I don't. But ultimately God knows what is best for me and he knows what I need and when I need it, so I just have to trust that he is going to give me everything I need exactly when I need it. Psalms‬ ‭56:4‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?” Throughout at least the next week I'm going to right “his timing” on my finger to remember that God has already spiritual, emotionally, and physically provided me with everything I need at this time in my life and that everything I will need for the future he will provide me with, so just remain content in his timing. ‭

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9