Matthew 8:9-10

“For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it. When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭8: 9-10‬ ‭NIV‬‬


Yesterday while I was in prayer God put something on my heart. I'm not going to say what he asked of me but he told me to do something and just like one of the centurion’s soldiers in this story I'm going to do what he commanded me to do, and it starts with this IBS assignment. I am a believer in Christ Jesus. I know he died on the cross for my sins, I know that God speaks to me constantly throughout my life and I can see the blessings that he bestows upon me every day since I first started seriously following him back in August of this year. Since then I have never found so much joy and happiness and fulfillment in life. However, even after having just stating all those things, every single day of my life is filled with spiritual turmoil, spiritual warfare, and on the fun days spiritual Hell. Every single day I can feel the enemy’s grip on my soul. Every single day he knocks the wind out of me with lies and doubtfulness. Every single day he fills my heart with anguish and distress. Every single day he eats away at my mind with corruption and blasphemy. He hits me exactly where it hurts and he does everything in his power to try to pull me away from God. I only just read Job for the first time yesterday and as ridiculous as this sounds I can completely relate to him. Just as the devil tried to take everything away from Job he tries to take everything away from me. He attacks my mind relentlessly and tries to steal away my safety in Christ. Seeking every single thought that he can use against me and throwing them to the front of my mind, waving them in my face like a winning lottery ticket. You are not loved, why are you so angry, God doesn't want to use you, you are too selfish, you aren't good enough, you aren't smart enough, you aren't strong enough, you aren't enough of a man, the Spirit does not dwell in you, you aren't really saved, coming here was a mistake, why don't you just go home, what are you even praying for……. and then I feel his presence. I call out to him and he pulls me back up. I don't hear, see, smell, taste, and I don't even think I really feel him. But I just know. And then his presence just overwhelms me. He reminds me that I am weak, but then he reminds me that he is strong. He reminds me that I'm not doing this thing called life on my own, that he is overseeing this whole war of my life, and that I have nothing to fear. I know that God has given me the spiritual gift of faith. But that doesn't mean that I don't doubt. I have the gift of faith because even through all of my doubts, through all of my insecurities, through all of my worries, through all of the ways the enemy attacks me, I still have faith in him. And that is what the faith of a soldier is. That no matter what is going on around him, no matter what is going though his mind, no matter what he is told to do, he has faith in his commanding officer and does exactly what he tells him to do, and he knows that his commanding officer has his best interest at heart. And that's what God has over all of us. Our best interest, at his heart. And by reading this assignment today I applied what I got through reading these verses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9