Luke 8:11-15

“Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature. As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭8:11-15‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Life as a Christian is not easy. As a Christian I am constantly at war with my flesh, the enemy, and the world. All of which are constantly weighing me down and looking for cracks in my spiritual armor in which they can penetrate my being. They try to break my body down, weaken my mind, and separate my soul from God in whatever way possible. As a Christian I know that I constantly have a target on my back and that for the rest of my life on this Earth the attacks will never cease. However, I know that by having a solid foundation in Christ Jesus I will always be given the strength to defend myself from any onslaught of attacks that are thrown my way. “"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:24-25‬ ‭ESV‬‬. As long as we keep Christ at our foundation nothing can ever knock us down, blow us over, or overpower us. I know that I am currently in the good soil in which the seed dwells because I keep Christ at the center of my life and I rely on his strength to keep me strong. However, not everyone is blessed enough to be a part of the good soil. Some people have completely denied Christ, some follow him for a while and then turn away from him, and some do stay with Christ throughout their life, but are never able to grow because they lack the strong foundation needed to grow in Christ. However, I know that as long as I am able to keep my foundation strong, remain in his word, and continue to keep up on my prayers, I will be able to find God’s face and lead a good life with Christ as my foundation and be a part of the light of Christ for others to look towards. Something that I've recently been doing that has been helping me with continuing to keep my focus on God is to find time after lunch every day, or at least some other point in the middle of my day, and separate myself from the world and seek God in private prayer and/or private readings. And Andrew will keep me accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9