Ephesians 5:15-17

“Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭5:15-17‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Our Earth is a pit of death and destruction. It has been destroyed by sin and has been completely covered by its darkness. However, this chapter of Ephesians goes on to tell us about how we can avoid the shadows and stay in the light, and how to not only stay in the light but be a light ourselves. It is by staying in the light of Christ that we stay out of the darkness and by allowing him to shine through us that we become lights ourselves, and the light of Christ is truth, and truth being wisdom. For that is what he embodies. So everything we do we must do with wisdom. For we know that if we are not acting in truth then we are acting in sin. That is why we must always examine ourselves. Because it is so easy to fall out of truth. But if we are walking in truth, then we are walking in the light of Christ. And how do we walk with Jesus Christ? By following the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Since he is God living in us, by following his lead we will be following the will of God. ‭Matthew‬ ‭10:20‬ ‭ESV‬‬ “For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.” Lately I feel as though I've been walking pretty well in accordance to the Spirit when it comes to helping out my classmates. I feel as though I always know what I should be saying and I feel as though the Spirit is always leading me through conversations with them. It is something that always seems to bring me joy and helps me fellowship with everyone. However, when it comes to my own growth I feel as though it's very difficult to tell when I'm listening to my Spirit and when I'm listening to my flesh. I can't tell if I'm acting out of foolishness or if I'm acting out of wisdom. Something that I could do to help realize whether or not I'm acting foolishly is compare my thoughts when it comes to my own growth to the thoughts of when I'm ministering to my classmates, and see how similar they are. Also I'll start reading two proverbs throughout my day to help me gain some more knowledge on wisdom, and continue to pray everyday for my strength to overcome my flesh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9