Proverbs 14:30

“A sound heart is life to the body, But envy is rottenness to the bones.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭14:30‬ ‭NKJV‬‬




So far, my time in Uganda has been amazing. It has been so fun to be a part of a different culture and to see how Christ works in such a different place. This really is a beautiful place to live and the people, especially the children, and all wonderful. It has truly been a blessing to be able to come and serve the Lord in this place. However, I know that there are many downsides to living in this country, and to some they may seem very burdensome. The harsh bathroom situations, the cold showers, the scorching sun, the mosquitoes, the heartaches of missing friends and family, the uncleanliness that comes with living in a third world country, and all the others problems that a third world country can contain to some may seem like too much to bear. Some people may not be able to handle living here for just a week or two, let alone six months. But the reason why I am here isn't by my own choosing. If you told me a year ago that I would be in Uganda doing missions work I would have told you that you were insane. I wouldn't know what I would've told you, probably that I would just be working with my dad still. But the Lord started doing a great work in me last year, and has in a miraculous way brought me all the way to Uganda, where I am currently serving him by serving Calvary Chapel of Entebbe. It is truly unbelievable what the Lord has given me these past eight months of my life, such grace from Him. And it is in knowing this truth, that I am here in Uganda serving my Lord and Savior, that my heart is sound and that I can be joyous in everything that I have experienced while I've been in this country. Today I worked in one of the smallest kitchens I've ever seen with a quiet Ugandan lady named Janet, and I had an amazing time working with her. We were able to just get to know each other and talk about the Lord and it was an incredible day. But I know that as soon as I forget why I am truly here, serving Christ, that I will start to become bitter and jealous of either my teammates or my friends and family back home. So this verse was a great warning for me. I've started out well, but I have to be aware that I don't fall away from the Lord’s surety in that I am here because he called me here, and that there is no greater thing to do than serve Him, no matter where I am and what conditions I am living in. And by the way, none of those things I mentioned earlier have really hindered me, Africa is amazing. For my application I wrote 14:30 on my hand, to remind myself to keep my heart where it needs to be, so that everyday I can find joy in knowing that I am serving the Lord, and no matter how hard things may become, it is all for His glory, and I will find all the joy I need through serving Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Luke 3:14