Matthew 18:15

“"If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:15‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is to confront someone about a problem you have with them. Nobody likes to admit that they are wrong. It's hard enough to go up to somebody when you are in the wrong and sinned against your brother. Our pride tells us that we don't have to apologize and to try to just push it aside. But it's when we push that apology off that we allow the problem to become worse. Because then we stay ashamed of what we've done and every time we see the person we sinned against we feel that guilt from what we've done to them and the longer we wait to apologize the further we feel distanced from that person. Now for the more difficult dilemma, when you have to go tell someone that what they did was wrong or that it at least offended you. Now personally speaking I do have pretty thick skin, so it can be pretty hard to get under my skin. But I feel at times that kind of hinders me, because when I do feel like someone has sinned against me, I find it difficult to go up to that person and let them know that what they did was wrong or that it at least offended me. Especially when the lies start rolling in. How prideful will I look by going up to this person that has sinned against me? I mean it wasn't that big of a deal right? I mean yeah it might've hurt me a little bit but I'm a tough kid, it won't bother me. They probably knew what they did was wrong. And if they didn't then they will just learn that lesson eventually anyway. The enemy will always seek to keep me from restoring relationships and instilling peace, so I just have to remind myself that whenever I'm thinking thoughts that are not from a place of restoration that they are of the enemy and not of the Spirit. Because if I truly love the person that offended me, I would want them to know that what they are doing is wrong so that they wouldn't stay in that sin, and if they need help with getting past that sin, I should be there for them to assist in them in overcoming that darkness. And if they truly love me, they will not just hear me out but listen to what I have to say, and will hopefully be affected by what knowledge I am bringing to them. And if they decide to not to admit that what they did was wrong, at least I will be able to tell God one day that I did what I could and went to that person seeking restoration. For my application I am am going to confront someone about a weakness of mine and do so in a way that seeks restoration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9