1 Corinthians 9:22

“To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:22‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Throughout this section of scripture Paul talks about how he always adapts his lifestyle to fit the people group in which he is attempting to preach to. Not everyone you preach the gospel to is going to have the same opinion about certain scriptural issues, and this is even more profound of a truth when you are dealing with groups of people and not just individuals. So when you are bringing the gospel to someone or a group of people that haven't experienced the truth of the gospel before, they are going to start to understand and experience it in a way that was completely different than the way that you experienced it. They may not see the importance of certain Christian values that you hold in high esteem and they might see Christian values that you hold at a low esteem with a much greater importance. Just look at the beliefs of what the early Jewish Christians held throughout the New Testament and see how God allowed the gentiles to become believers while still adhering to their cultural beliefs. Now there are certain beliefs that are a part of the true message of the gospel and should always be adhered to, however we shouldn't allow people's differences in opinions to become stumbling blocks to each other's faith. 1 Corinthians 8:9 ESV “But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak. 1 Corinthians 8:13 ESV Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.” Because people are always going to have differing opinions from our own, we should look to adapt ourselves to their beliefs and needs when preaching the gospel to them. God is a god of transformation, and we need to believe that if we bring people the true gospel of Christ, that he will transform them into the people that he wants them to be, and that's all that matters. We don't have to change their whole lives, we are called to preach the good news of Jesus Christ, and only God to speak into those who we preach to, and allow God, not us, to transform their lives into that of a true Christian. I personally haven't been preaching too much of the gospel lately but I do feel as though I'm one of those who is having his heart transformed into who God truly wants me to be. The transformation lately has not been easy but I have been finding more and more peace through my process of transforming. Therefore, at any point this week where I feel weak or stagnant in this process I am currently going through, I will go to one of my brothers from team Uganda and seek prayer and/or consul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9