1 John 1:5-7

“This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:5-7‬ ‭ESV‬‬


All people sin in different ways. Although all of us suffer from all types of sin, we all have our different weaknesses with sin. We could go on for hours about how all of us sin in our own unique ways; however, that doesn't matter, all that matters is that sin separates us from one another and causes us to not trust one another. Sin doesn't just individually lead us to death, but it also kills our relationships with one another and causes us to never be able to come close with those around us. Fortunately though for us, every person on this Earth has something in common that is greater than all of our sin put together, and that is the blood of Jesus Christ. Jesus' blood washes over every believer and is what unifies us together as the adopted family of God the Father. When you know that your fellow believers are followers of Christ, it builds up your trust in them because you know that you can trust that they are walking in the light of Christ and that although they aren't perfect, they have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them causing them to be bondservants of Christ. I've only known everyone here, aside from one person, for the past two months of my life, and I can honestly say that I can trust any of my classmates, RA’s, and pastors more than the majority of people that I spent my whole life growing up with. The only people I truly trust back home are my family and my friends from my church, whom I've only met four months before coming here, and even some of my family members I don't trust as much as my friends both here and back home. Now how is it that people I spent a great portion of my life with I don't trust near as much as a bunch of people I just met two and four months ago? Because I've seen Christ working throughout their lives and I know that like me these people have a fear in the same God I have a fear in. I've seen God do amazing things in people's lives here and I know that as much as he's been breaking and transforming my heart he's been doing it just as much and if not more so in my brothers and sisters that I've made here in Montana. I've seen all of us hurting, homesick, aching, crying, broken, praying, learning, worshipping, fellowshipping, laughing, growing, loving, and just being with one another, and all of these things have been through Christ. So although we all come from very different places and have all been torn down by sin in different ways, Christ has come to save all of us because of His love for us, and because of that we can all come together to love one another. I'm not going to say what my application is for this IBS but hopefully I will have accomplished it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9