Galatians 5:13

“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:13‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Every day, no matter where we are in our walks or what season of life we are in, we can always fall into a dark place. Whether that place is sin, anger, depression, whatever place it may be it is a place that we don't want to be in. We all have rough moments, rough days, and rough patches of life. Coming home yesterday I was in one of those rough moments. I don't even know how I got myself in it, but I felt like I was back down in the pit, lost to my thoughts and not knowing how to overcome feelings that I thought I had already overcome in my past. I thought I was past this. Why am I so upset right now? I can't even really explain why I'm so frustrated. Do you see me God? What do I do about this? How do I get past this? What am I supposed to do right now? I'm so done with this Lord. What do you want from me? Will I ever get past this? Am I really even serving you right now? I truly am a horrible person. So selfish, so caught up in my own petty struggles and desires. No one sees that my heart is just not in this right now. I didn't even partake in prayer because of my distracted I was. Where's my heart at right now? It's moments like these when others are put in our lives by the Lord to lift us out of the depths when prayer and scripture aren't quite doing it. You see we won't always be going through rough times like the one I went through last night, but most likely someone always is. There is always someone who is struggling with something in their life. There is always a person that needs comfort, counsel, or just maybe some time to rant their feelings out to someone. So on the days we truly do feel free in Christ we should look to help those that aren't feeling so free. We need to be there so that we can remind them of the grace, love, mercy, and peace that comes from Christ and bring them out of their darkness and back into the light of Christ. And last night Micah was that someone for me. After coming home we were able to talk out my issues and even though the talk wasn't all that groundbreaking it was exactly what I needed. After that talk I had such a peace about me and felt like such an overbearing load had been lifted from my shoulders. Therefore, if I see one of my brothers in a place as dark as I was yesterday I'll go up and see if I can do anything to lift them back into the light, because maybe like me last night all they need to do is talk something out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9