John 15:15

“No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:15‬ ‭ESV‬‬


John 15:13 ESV “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.” Jesus showed the ultimate example of love when he died on the cross for our sins. He literally laid down his life for all of us, so that we may one day come to be with God in Heaven. And not only did he lay down his life in death, but throughout his time of ministry he laid down his life for others by using his life to serve those who needed to be served and put the needs of others above his wants and desires. And this is exactly what Christ calls us to do. He calls us to serve others and, like him, set aside our wants and desires to minister to those who need to be ministered to. There is no hidden meaning to this message. There is no other secret that Christ wants us to figure out. He simply wants us to love one another as we love ourselves, and to serve one another out of love. There's so many times in life when I feel as though I don't know what to do as a Christian. I feel as though I'm only thinking about myself and I have no idea what God would have me do. But something that I literally just thought of that I know but that I haven't been thinking about lately  was that I shouldn't be so focused on what I need to be doing. I should be more focused on those around me and see what others’ needs are and minster to those needs. I know it is easier said than done and I find myself always thinking of tasks that need to be done rather than thinking of people who need to be ministered to. Now there are times throughout my day where I do focus on people and even am led by the spirit to minister to people, but it definitely hasn't been the focus of my day and I should strive to make it my focus. So tomorrow I'm going to try my best to look for people to minister to, not just look for tasks that need to be accomplished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9