Philippians 3:10

“that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:10‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Christ's death served as the ultimate sacrifice for humanity. It served as the only perfect and true example of God's love. Jesus gave up his own life and took on all the punishment of all sinners so that we may be saved and be given a seat in Heaven, which was already guaranteed to Him. Nothing can compare to this grace that God showed us in giving up his one and only son for our souls, even though we are all wretched, wicked man. We will never be able to repay the cost that Christ paid for us. We will never be able to have a love that is like His. However, we can do our best to try. We can do our best to use our lives to worship Him and show him our gratefulness. Although our works will only be considered to be dirty rags in the eyes of God, we can still sacrifice our lives to serve him. If we really yearn to serve Him and truly desire to in our hearts we will become more and more like Christ throughout our lives and will always come closer and closer to learning what His love was truly like. We will never get to the same level that Christ was on, but we can learn to be selfless and truly serve others in everything that we do. And when we suffer for the sake of others we will be able to feel and see how Christ felt and saw things when he suffered for our sakes, and that is just beautiful. I know my suffering is not in any way, shape, or form, physical and this is probably horrendously selfish but the way I've been sacrificing my time with Thalia has definitely shown me what it's like in a very different way to suffer for others. I've given up my time with her so that we can both grow our relationships with the Lord and understand what it's like to put Him before even your greatest love. And in our time here we have been able to serve with a ministry that has an amazing impact all over the world and brings people closer to Jesus every second of every day. I miss her terribly every day, but I know that my sacrifice is more than worth it because I'm making this sacrifice for Christ, who is probably the only man I would have ever made this sacrifice for. I'm going to write worth it on my finger so that I can remind myself that my time apart from Thalia has been more than worth it, because it has been time that I've been devoting to Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Luke 3:14