Proverbs 12:1

“Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:1‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Ok so I don't know about you but I don't think I know a single person who has really enjoyed being disciplined. Sure it's something that we need to learn about grow up with, but to love it? That seems pretty difficult. Honestly I feel like it you did a survey asking people if they either loved or hated being disciplined, the majority would probably be saying that the hate it. So why do we hate being disciplined? Well for me personally I hate being wrong. So when I'm disciplined for my wrong-doings my pride is always hurting and I don't enjoy that feeling. See that's the problem right there, that my pride is hurt. If I didn't allow pride to come into my life when I'm being disciplined, I wouldn't be focusing on myself and my feelings but rather on the knowledge that I don't yet have, and be seeking to transform my heart to accept that knowledge as truth. See being disciplined is just another form of learning. No matter how harsh we may feel we are being disciplined, all that is happening when we are being disciplined is that we are being shown in a way in which we need to be shown so that we can understand it. Not every truth we are taught will come to us easily and sometimes our heart is a little bit too hard to just accept certain truths that our shared with us. So when we are being disciplined we really need to understand that we aren't being disciplined for the fact of being shamed, embarrassed, or hurt, but rather so that we can further understand the truth of Christ, and if we are truly dying to ourselves, then we should be able to accept whatever truth is being shared with us. Right now I'm going to pray that I would be accepting of God's discipline today, because He is the one who gives us the understanding that comes with our discipline, and we need to be disciplined as often as God will allow us to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9