Philippians 3:12-13

“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:12-13‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Christ died for our sins. And how that we have been baptized by the Holy Spirit, purchased by God, we have been given by God’s grace a seat in Heaven that an never be taken away from us. No matter what we do on this Earth, we will be able to see God in Heaven one day and look upon the face of the Almighty. And when we get to that place, we will be in a glorified state, in a new body and a finished product of what God intended us to be. The only reason we will be in this state is because of the faith that we've placed in God and trusting Christ to be our Lord and savior. It is the love our Christ that will bring us all up to Heaven one day. And that's what Paul wants to acheive here in these verses. Now obviously Paul knows that he will never be able to acheive the same level of love that Christ walked with throughout his life; however, but he realizes that in Heaven we will be able to love in that type of love, and he wants to get as close to achieving that love as possible here on Earth. And not for his own gain, but because of the love that Christ showed him first, and he simply wants to give out the same love that he received from Christ. By learning what Christ’s love is like, he realizes that we can't focus on the things of the past, and we have to continue to live for today’s mana. Everyday we have a new amount and new level of love the we can learn to receive and give out through Christ Jesus, and we should want to receive as much love as possible so that we can give out as much as possible. The past few days I have experience a great amount of love from God, in some of these ways more than I've ever experienced. But I know that even with how much love I've experience now that I can experience infinitely more love from Him, and therefore learn to give out infinitely more of that received love. We are about to go to the new Mud Man store right now and I am going to try to look for opportunities to show my love on my classmates by helping them with any tasks that they may need help in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9