Matthew 9:36-37

“But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:36-37‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


There are so many people in this world that are trapped in spiritual emptiness or brokenness. There are so many people that are lost in the world and don't have any one to lead them to the Truth that is Jesus Christ. And even still there are so many Christians that know Christ but are stuck in their walks. They have claimed Jesus as their Lord and Savior, but have been distracted by some combination of the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. And because of all of these people’s failures to come to or remain in the Highway of Holiness that is our Lord, they are beat up, harassed, and left hurting by this earth that we live in. They are being lead down a path that leads only to death and may never be taken off of it. Who is going to help all of these empty and broken souls? “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. This commandment was not just given to some believers, but to all of those who know Jesus. But how many actually adhere to this commandment from our King? How many Christians are out there truly seeking to help the lost of this world? How many see the pain and suffering that our fellow man is going through, and have the will to act out of love and direct them either to or back to a relationship with Jesus? When I read these verses, I think of all the people I know back home, that are both saved and unsaved, that need the Bread of Life to satisfy all of their thirsts and hungerings. All of my family, the “weaker” believer friends that I have, and even my old life friends that have never known our Lord. So many people that need guidance and love, and some of them may never receive the guidance and love that we need. Now I know that I won't be able to help all of these people, and that I have to be called by the Lord and lead to help whoever the Lord wants me to help. However, I should always have a heart and compassion for those misguided souls, and be willing at any time to answer the Lord’s call to come in to action. And if it is within my capability to help those people, I should always be willing and wanting to help them, because the harvest is truly plentiful, and the workers are so desperately few. For my application I'm going to try and message at least two people this week from my church and two people from my family just to see if the Lord would have me be used in some way to help the people that I know need help spiritually. And even if nothing happens, at least those people know that they can come to me if they are in need of anything, even if it is just prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deuteronomy 7:9

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10