Matthew 4:10

“Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭4:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

This battle between Jesus and Satan is most likely the best example to follow when it comes to our fight with spiritual warfare. A few days ago the Lord allowed me to be tested in my own warfare with the Devil. It had been quite a while since I felt an attack from the enemy that was so strong and that lasted so long. Unfortunately I didn't perform to well, but through it the Lord showed me how much He wants to grow me and humbled me by reminding me how new I am in my faith. Then the following day, Matthew chapter four was a part of my devo and the Lord spoke to me through this verse. When Satan was first attacking Jesus, He was speaking to Jesus in partial truths. He was trying to twist Jesus’s idea of who the Father really was and how He acts. But Jesus maintained His faith in remembering who God was and what His character is truly like. So often when the enemy attacks us he first tries to twist our idea of who God really is, and then eventually he tries to twist the whole purpose of what God has called us to. Recently God has called me to help someone in a particular way here, and while I was helping this person, although I may not have been perfect, I was always acting out of love for this person, and seeking their spiritual growth. But during that attack the enemy tried to twist my thinking and make me seem like what I was doing was an evil thing just because I didn't do it perfectly. And then after that He even tried to attack the promises that the Lord has given me. Jesus experienced something similar. The enemy tried to twist the idea of how Jesus was going to rule on Earth, the purpose that He was called to, and threatened His claim on the throne by making it seem like He would only rule if He bowed down to the Prince of Darkness, the promise He had been given by the Father. But Jesus remembered that Satan was the Father of Lies, and when the enemy is attacking us, we need to remember that same truth, and that we only worship and serve God. And if we can maintain that truth in our mind, along with the Word of God in our hearts, then there is nothing that the enemy can attack us with that will overtake our minds, and Satan will flee from us. “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.” II Corinthians‬ ‭10:4-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. For the remainder of the week, I'm going to read this verse every morning, to remind myself that God doesn't ever try to twist the truth, and that any thought that seeks to take or push me away from God isn't of Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9