Deuteronomy 7:9

““Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭7:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


How great is our God? The God “who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,” II Corinthians‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. What surety and comfort we can have in this verse. So often we think that God doesn't want to bless us, provide for us, teach us, or even come through on the promises that He’s given us. We see ourselves as the Old Testament Israelites, constantly failing to live up to the Lord’s standards, never making Him proud. But then comes God, ““He has not observed iniquity in Jacob, Nor has He seen wickedness in Israel. The LORD his God is with him, And the shout of a King is among them.” ‭Numbers‬ ‭23:21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. Even in our failings, as long as we always come to Him in repentance, He sees us as holy and righteous. There is nothing else we have to do. He will never fail to show us His mercy, grace, and trustworthiness because of the death of His son. He always holds true to His word, and will always treat us as His precious children. At times my future has come into my mind, and how one day I will raise a family. It is something that I feel that all people should think about and ponder, but not in a way that is unhealthy or distracting to your current walk with the Lord. And occasionally I worry about my future family and how I will be able to care for them. But through this verse I remember that God is going to continue to show the same mercy, grace, and faithfulness to my family that He has shown me. He is going to care for my children just like He cares for me, because we are all His children, and He doesn't have plans to harm us, but plans to grow us and display His glory through our lives. For my application I'm going to read this verse every morning for the next week, so that I can remove all doubt and worries about my future that God has for me when it comes to my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10