Psalm 119:49-50

“Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:49-50‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


How often does do we forget that our promises given to us by the Lord are irrevocable? How often does the enemy attack our minds and try to twist our thoughts into thinking that what God has promised us isn’t attainable? “Why do you say, O Jacob, And speak, O Israel: “My way is hidden from the LORD, And my just claim is passed over by my God”? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah‬ ‭40:27-31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. There are two instances in scripture that this really brings my mind to. The first is of Abraham bringing his son to be slaughtered. How much the enemy must've been lying to Abraham. Trying to deceive him into thinking that God was going to kill his son, and that he wanted to take away the very thing the God had given him. But Abraham remained faithful, and knew that if he allowed God to have the control that He wanted, no matter how terrifying the outcome COULD be, that God would ultimately remain true to His promise. And the thing that must've gave Abraham all the hope he needed to believe in the promise, was the word that God had given him, the promise itself. And the other instance in scripture that this makes me think of, is the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior. What hope did Jesus have in overcoming sin? The whole process of His death brought Him nothing but the farthest depths of isolation, suffering, and humiliation. To the point of His own Father separating Himself from Him and unleashing His righteous wrath upon Him. But Jesus knew the words of His Father. And He knew the promise of what was to come in His death. I've come to find that a lot of the circumstances that surround God’s promises tend to try to make you believe that God’s promises aren't going to become true. This can be clearly understood when you look at how Abraham was going to sacrifice the very son that was supposed to bring about descendants as numerous as the stars. Why God? I know I would've been asking that question if I was Abraham. And we all have our own why God type questions when it comes to how God wants to fulfill promises in our lives. But ultimately we just need to have faith. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. Like Abraham, we must remain ever faithful, and remember that we should never see God’s words to us as anything other than truth. For my application I'm going to reread these two verses every morning for the rest of the week so that I'll be able to use them against any disobedient thoughts in my mind that try to make me believe that God’s promises aren't truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9

Luke 17:7-10