John 6:29

“Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.””
‭‭John‬ ‭6:29‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


As I've been going through the book “We Would See Jesus” the Lord has been showing me so much about how I need to truly just look to Him and no one else. A little bit ago I had a person from church ask me to read through Isaiah 35 because it was something they had been reading through. And when I read through it it was such a blessing. It was amazing to just see Jesus jump off the page as I was reading that passage. The entire passage was wonderful, especially when Jesus is referred to as the “Highway of Holiness”. And how true it felt in that moment of reading it. How much joy it gave me realizing that all we have to do is just see Jesus and God’s grace is enough for us. But that's the thing, throughout my time here, I wasn't always looking to Jesus in this way, as the way. I was looking to Him as my king and savior, but I had been falling into a habit of works. At times it was works of prayer, other times it was works of reading scripture, but whatever it was it would cause me to drift away from the Lord. See all God cares about is that we would Jesus as the answer. The only solution. The only victory. And although there are so many things that are important to do as a Christian, none of those things are our gateway to God. They are not requirements from God to receive His grace. All God would have us do, is realize that Christ is the answer to it all, and that as long as we always turn to Christ, no matter how sinful we are, we will always have victory in life. “Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the son of God?” 1 John 5:5 NKJV. Every morning for the rest of the week I'm going to ask that God give me a fresh outpouring of His grace, and thank Him for sending Jesus to be the only thing I need to have victory in this world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9