II Kings 4:2


“So Elisha said to her, “What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?” And she said, “Your maidservant has nothing in the house but a jar of oil.””
‭‭II Kings‬ ‭4:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


This story of Elisha has come up a couple of times in my life recently, but yesterday I finally saw what I feel the Lord has been trying to reveal to me through this message. The full meaning of the container in this story isn't just supposed to be any jar of oil, but a jar of anointing oil. And not just any jar, but a flask, something small. Uganda has been absolutely amazing and I have grown so much here spiritually. But even with all the love I have for this place, I still have been so tired and I have been dragging a lot this last month. The Lord has remained my strength through it all, but at times I'm just so drained, I feel as though I have so little left in my tank. In this story, I see Elisha’s voice as the Lord’s, asking me what I have to continue on for these next three months. “Lord, all I have is you.” The Holy Spirit, the anointing oil, is all I have to continue on. I have been emotional and spiritually drained so often while we've been here. At times I just feel like I can't go on, and that I have nothing to offer the people here. But then He reminds me, the Holy Spirit is dwelling within me, and as long as I have Him with me, I will always be able to pour into those around me. “So stop saying you have nothing to offer to those around you. I don't want you to offer anything that you have anyway. Just allow me to fill you and what flows out of you to fill those around you.” It's so easy to fall into the habit of thinking that we don't have enough, especially spiritually, to pour into those around us. But then we can just think of thsee words, “And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” II Corinthians‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. For the next week, I'm going to read these two verses every morning. To remind myself that the Lord’s strength is made perfect in my weakness, and that He is all I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9