Philippians 1:3-6

“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:3-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I feel like God has really been trying to bring great joy into my life through these few verses. I've been going through Philippians a lot lately and I feel as though every time I come to this set of verses that I am driven to prayer for my fellow believers. And I am not just driven to prayer, but I'm driven there through a sense of faith and joyousness. See when I read this verse, I think of my friends, family, teammates, and many other believers that I have become acquainted with over the past year. And because I know that like me they are also believers, I know that they are saved, and that the have the same hope in Jesus Christ that I have. And I know just how God is continuing to sanctify me every day, He is also sanctifying them. And during that process, I know that the Lord will continue to transform their hearts, and that my prayers can help to aid them in their struggles. “who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us, you also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many.” ‭II Corinthians‬ ‭1:10-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬. Even now as I'm writing this IBS, I feel the enemy attacking me for my prayers, telling me how I'm like a man that Jesus talks about who prays with an empty repetition. But I do not believe that to be true, because I have joyous faith in my Lord, because I knows He fights for others as much as He fights for me, and I have seen countless prayers from Him answered. “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” James‬ ‭5:16‬. So I remain glad in my prayers and in my rememberance of my brethren, because I know our Lord’s power, and that He hears the righteous cry out to Him. And I know that He will not stop working in my brethren, just like He will not stop working in me. Until at least the end of the week when I am about to get into a devoted time of pray, I’m going to reread these three sections of scripture, to remind myself of the joyousness I can have in my prayers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke 17:7-10

1 Corinthians 9:22

Deuteronomy 7:9