Numbers 23:21

““He has not observed iniquity in Jacob, Nor has He seen wickedness in Israel. The LORD his God is with him, And the shout of a King is among them.”
‭‭Numbers‬ ‭23:21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


How amazing this word from the Lord is. Now this verse is from the perspective of people who are outside of the nation of Israel, and I think it is a great depiction of how I at times feel about myself. See the preceding chapters before chapter twenty-two are all about Israel’s complaining and failing to remain faithful to the Lord. Every time the Lord punished them for their sinfulness, but soon after the people would repent and God would continue to bless them, although there were consequences for the decisions they made against God, including being kept out of the promised land. From the perspective of Moses and the Israelites they seemed like such a disobedient and disgraceful group attempting to follow the Lord. But from an outer perspective looking into the country of Israel, God considers them a righteous nation, and He bestows His blessings upon them. How often I feel just like the Israelites, a foolish disloyal nation who always seems to be struggling with remaining obedient to their God. But even through all of their shortcomings, failures, and sin, God still considered them a holy nation. How great our Father’s love is. That through all of my unfaithfulness and doubt, that He would not only remain faithful to me but consider me righteous in His eyes. I know we aren't called to be a perfect people, but at times it seems like all I am doing is letting God down. But that isn't how God sees me, and I feel so blessed to have a God who is so loving and patient in allowing me to grow and learn at my own pace. I'm going to write righteous fool on my hand, because even though at times I seem like such a fool, God considers me as a righteous man, and I should be joyous in His love for me, and how blessed am I to be a child of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9