Song of Solomon 2:14

““O my dove, in the clefts of the rock, In the secret places of the cliff, Let me see your face, Let me hear your voice; For your voice is sweet, And your face is lovely.””
‭‭Song of Solomon‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬


Ever since I was in Montana I feel that the Lord has really been trying to grow my prayer life. He has been trying to get me to expand my prayers and truly come to His throne regularly throughout my day. I am usually speaking to Him pretty often and I feel as though I have a rather decent prayer life, but He has really put it on my heart to pray much more fervently, both in spirit and in petition. Honestly at first, and even still at times, I feel like some of my prayers start out either forced, wrongly timed, or even just unnecessary altogether. Especially when I pray about things repeatedly or just go into a time of prayer not exactly knowing what I'm supposed to be praying about. But in almost every circumstance, the Lord has continued to show me how untrue that is. He has continuely shown me that He is hearing my prayers and that He wants me to be praying. Just this morning while we were waiting for our boat to pick us up I just decided that I was going to go off and have a quick time of prayer. I didn't know really why or what exactly I was going to pray about it, but I just felt a small desire to pray. That time I took of short prayer became a beautiful time that I got to spend before the Lord, and really gave me the life I needed to start my day. I had no idea what He had for me, but He was simply waiting to just pour His grace upon me. I've found now that He's even been laying heavy, sudden burdens upon my heart to come to Him. At times it's almost like He’s speaking to me, “come pray”. And it's funny because this has been a problem in my daily walk with others but I just now noticed has also been a problem in my prayer life. The enemy attacks me with questions/statements like, “Why are you even bringing this up?” “He doesn't need to hear you now.” “You shouldn't be talking so much.” But I've come to realize that God loves to hear from us. I mean obviously He does but I've been truly, spiritually understanding how much He desires to hear my voice, and how joyous it makes Him when I seek Him out. And how loving He is to just pour His grace upon me when I seek Him, and to fill me with His power because I am always so lacking. He has been so good to me. Words will never be good enough for Him, so honestly I've stopped trying to please Him with them. All I can do is just pour out my heart to Him, and I know that is such a magnificent aroma to Him, no matter what lies the enemy tries to speak to me. Today I'm going to write “God loves my voice” on my hand to be a reminder of how sweet my voice is to the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Luke 3:14