John 13:33/ 1 John 2:12

“Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭13:33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭2:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Recently I've been able to read through the book of 1 John. So when I came across this verse in John, I couldn't help but go back to this verse in 1 John. When Jesus said these words to the disciples, He was talking about how they would not understand why the things that were happening had to happen until after they would happen. He would come to die on the cross for our sins, but at this point in time it was something that they would not be able to understand. Jesus says that if you have seen Him you have seen the father, and Jesus acts just like a father would, our Godly father, when He makes this statement. “Little children, you are too young and do not know why I do the things I do, but just know that I am doing them because I love you, and that one day you will understand why I have done them.” But this isn't the most beautiful part. The most beautiful part is that John carried this love that Christ showed him throughout his entire life. And that later in his life, when he wrote his first epistle to a group of people who were most likely struggling with understanding their salvation, he used the same term of endearment that Christ had once used on him. “Little children, you may not understand why you are saved or what that means, but just be sure that one day you will know what that means, and that your God loves and cares for you.” And I like to think that his deliverance in this statement carried the same demeanor that Jesus’ statement did, one of love and compassion. There are so often times in our lives when we simply just don't understand what God is doing in our lives. I have no idea where God wants to take my life, and in many ways that is really exciting. I mean just look where He’s taken me already, first to Montana and then to Uganda. Now I feel like I partially know why He took me to Montana, but I know that I still don't fully know, and I know that I still have no clue in how He wants to grow me here in Uganda. Yeah I have some ideas, but truly I don't have a clue. And honestly it scares me sometimes, I just have no control over my life and can't find any understanding in any of it. But I do have understanding in one thing, that God is in control of my life, and that's all that matters. “Be still and know that I am God.” At times it feels like I need to know more, but do I truly need to know any more? God has complete control over my life, and even though there are still so many things I have no idea about, I just know that He is in control, and even if I don't know why I'm at where I am right now, I know that God has me right where He wants me, and that is all that matters. I'm going to write control on my arm, to remember that God is in control of my life, and even though I don't understand, that doesn't mean that I don't have to be afraid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Corinthians 9:22

Luke 17:7-10

Deuteronomy 7:9